Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Emmys: Stream of Consciousness Edition

For the first time in recent memory, M & I were able to watch the Emmys telecast simultaneously -- albeit still in different cities.  After the jump: our take on the show as it happened.


Eric Stonestreet FTW! Hooray!



On the excessive levels of fake tanning seen on nearly every man in the theatre:

6:31 PM
R: Whoa Lauren Graham is a hot mess. And wow Matthew Perry is also really fake tan.
M: Not liking that dress
R: Really, really, really fake tan
M: But love them together, aw.
M: For real. Could he *be* any more tan? Sorry, couldn't resist.

6:49 PM
R: I like the color of Keri Russell's dress
M: Oh god
R: What happened to all the guys?
M: Free spray tans on the red carpet?
R: Did they herd every man at the emmys into a giant spray tanning booth pre show?

7:37 PM
R: Oh my god I think Jimmy Fallon got a tan refresher backstage! He looks even darker! WHAT IS HAPPENING?

7:46 PM 
R: I swear Jimmy Fallon is going to be in blackface by the end of this thing

On the hottest dudes in Hollywood:

6:03 PM
M: Tina plus Jimmy reunion. And Joel Mchale is like the cherry on top of everything.
M: No, Jon Hamm is the cherry. and the ice cream.
M: Plus I need to give a shoutout to Jorge Garcia, cos I love me some Hurley.

7:38 PM
M: Hee. I got distracted by Joel McHale.
R: Shut up, Jeff Probst. I like Joel McHale. He is so tall.
M: Being all tall and whatnot

7:54 PM
M: True Blood cast in 22 minutes! Get ready! I like that we need a news flash for that, hee.
R: mmm Skarsgard
R: Yeah, people need to be prepared for Skarsgard

8:30 PM
R: GIVE ME SKARSGARD and no one gets hurt
M: Hee. don't be a tease, NBC.

8:32 PM
R: Anna and Stephen are so teeny next to Skarsgard. But damn, even vampires got hit with the fake n bake.

On the predictable (and not-so-predictable) awards:

6:12 PM
R: Yay Eric Stonestreet! I heart him
M: Fizbo!
R: He looks snazzy though he could maybe use a tie
M: Yes, a tie would have been nice. alas.
R: Aw, Jesse Tyler Ferguson is crying!
M: Aww!!!

6:24 PM
R: Yay, Tom Hanks. OK I will eat my hat if Lynch doesn't win this.
M: Hee
R: Whoa Kristen Wiig's shoulders are being attacked by something
M: Oh good, you don't need to eat a hat.

6:38 PM
R: Whoa!
M: Nice!
R: I just clapped out loud. :-)
R: I thought they were going to give it to Baldwin again

7:15 PM
R: KYLE CHANDLER NEEDS AN EMMY!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!~
R: Ok sorry. Had to get that out of my system.

8:07 PM
R: Man there goes January Jones again, unable to read a teleprompter.
M: And I still want to fix her hair
R: They misspelled Julia Ormond's name on the screen. weird.
M: Too bad
R: Hee, she just said "it takes a village to make a child." hee hee hee.
R: I am twelve.

8:47 PM
R: My god, this miniseries genre just keeps going!
M: I know
R: Man, temple grandin is getting a lot of love
R: Oh wow, tg is up there! So cute.
M: I'm a little worried someone's going to fall out of her dress. Her or the other one.
R: Uh yeah. Crazy boobs alert.

8:53 PM
R: ok i hate to say it but i think e. moss wins the mad men ladies' dress-up award
R: Where is Janie Bryant? That's what I want to know. Why didn't she style them for the Emmys?
M: Good question
R: Maybe they all rebelled
M: Was Kiernan Shipka in the running for best dressed? Cos she looked cute from the faraway glance I got.

8:57 PM
R: Aw, yay modern family. They are cute.
M: Very. good choice.
R: Oh the teenage girl on modern family looks pretty.
R: Is this the dude who hates hulu? Or am I thinking of someone else?
M: I have no idea. Missed that.

And that concludes the HSB stream of consciousness review of the 2010 Emmys.  Back soon with more suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment